top of page

Eye witness & police source accounts of the red Jeep crash into Jerry's Kitchen

By Troy Torres

There were four women occupants of the red Jeep that destroyed Jerry's Kitchen around 1:30 a.m. February 25, and they should have been arrested by police, according to eye witnesses and a police source of information.

"Video surveillance shows the Jeep reversing out of the restaurant after impact, then trying to head out on to San Antonio," a Guam Police officer told Kandit News on condition of anonymity. "They tried to escape before police got there, but they couldn't because the tire was busted."

One of the occupants of the Jeep was Guam Police officer Joneen Terlaje, the granddaughter of Sen. Jose "Pedo" Terlaje.

The police source of information and eye witnesses to the crash and to the post-crash scene have come forward, telling Kandit they are sick and tired of the obvious attempted cover up by the GPD leadership.

Guam Police officers responded to the crash within six or seven minutes, according to video surveillance. Four police vehicles were on scene while the four women were there, clearly shaken.

At least two of the women have a connection to the U.S. military; a USAA Military Star credit card bearing the name of the mother of the supposed driver of the Jeep was found and turned in to the police. Ms. Terlaje recently was sworn in to the military.

Police officers on the scene had the Jeep towed quickly, according to one eye witness. "Roadside Towing was there within minutes of the crash and the police cleared the car to be moved from the crash scene very fast," he said.

The four women were cleared of any wrongdoing even faster; police officers released them from the scene between 2:30 and 2:35 a.m., roughly an hour after the crash happened.

Chief of Police Stephen Ignacio has said he believes GPD officers on the scene did what they were trained to do, and that he did not see anything wrong with the initial investigation into the crash.

We now know from eye witnesses and a police source of information that there was no investigation at all. Just the release of a police officer, who was in a Jeep that tried to flee the scene of an accident.

Stay tuned for the video surveillance corroborating these accounts.


bottom of page