top of page

Unitek owner's son nabbed on suspicion of Michael Castro's murder, other offenses

By Johnnie Rosario

U.S. Marshals nabbed the son of a prominent Guam businessman in Florida, where sources say he was sent to avoid suspicion in the murder of Michael Castro. Castro is the 27-year-old man, who has been missing since October 29, 2020.

According to the arrest warrant filed in U.S. District Court to apprehend Moore in Florida, Moore "was implicated in two separate shooting investigations on Guam that occurred on October 15, 2020, and October 30, 2020, wherein one victim survived the incident. The second victim was later reported missing and is presumed deceased."

It is unclear whether local officials have located his body. He was last seen driving a gold Lexus, which was later found. The Guam Police Department never confirmed source information that the car was found ridden with bullet holes and with blood stains inside.

In a news release today, the Bay County Sheriff's Office in Florida states that yesterday, Guam time, "the United States Marshal Service Florida Caribbean Regional Fugitive Task Force, with the assistance of the Bay County Sheriff's Office, arrested Nicholas Wayne Moore, age 23, of Guam, at the request of the Guam Police Department."

"Moore is the suspect in an ongoing investigation by the GPD for murder, attempted murder, and unlawful flight to avoid prosecution from their agency on two separate cases," the release states.

Nicholas Moore recently fled to Florida. His father is LeRoy Moore, who owns Unitek (an environmental company). LeRoy Moore has family in Florida.

The investigation into Castro's disappearance swirled with source information about ties to Unitek and the involvement of other vehicles and a boat.

The Moores own several vehicles and boats.

"Throughout the investigation, it is believed that the second victim was shot multiple times with a .45 caliber pistol, while inside his vehicle," the federal arrest warrant states. "The second victim's body is also believed to be disposed of in the ocean, utilizing defendant Moore's father's boat. DNA testing further indicated that the blood located in the victim's vehicle and blood later found on the pistol confiscated at defendant Moore's Guam residence, matched the DNA of the second victim."

Meanwhile, the Office of the Chief of Police late Tuesday said it may be ready to make a statement on the matter within 48 hours.

2,705 views1 comment

1 Comment

As always Kandit News is ahead of the curve scooping other other news media and talk show hosts on thinks that really matter on Guam: Justice!

bottom of page